The latest ebook from the files of History Today, on the history of booze, is available from Amazon now.
Our latest ebook, Last Orders: A Social History Of Drinking, was released earlier this week. It's available from the Amazon Store, and can be read on a Kindle, or on your iPad, iPhone, Android Phone, Blackberry or Windows Phone, using the appropriate app.
Drawing on articles from the History Today archive, the book is an informative and entertaining look at society's use and misuse of alcohol.
In the book you'll learn:
- Why wine drank in the Middle Ages would have horrified the modern palate;
- What caused the 'gin craze' in Georgian England and its disastrous effects on the London poor;
- How previous attempts to reform problem drinking and binge boozing failed;
- Why alcohol remains perfectly legal, yet other drugs are banned;
- The reasons behind Prohbition in America, and why it was doomed to fail;
- And how to behave at a classical Greek drinking party.
Full bodied, with a rich aftertaste and fruity notes, this is a quality vintage that is almost guaranteed to leave no trace of a hangover.
Buy the ebook from your Amazon store:
Make sure you check out our other ebooks too.