Frequently Asked Questions - About the website
- This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, 18 years or over, except employees of History Today Limited their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
- Details regarding how to enter as published form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. If winning is dependent on answering a question correctly, then the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received.
- All entries must be received by the published closing date.
- The winner(s) will be notified by email, telephone or letter and their name and the name of the county where they live may be published. The winner(s) will be notified within seven days of the published closing date of the prize draw. The name and county of the winner(s) may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to History Today Ltd, 25 Bedford Avenue, London WC1B 3AT, United Kingdom. The prize will be delivered to the winner's home address within 28 days of notification, unless the winner is notified otherwise. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of contestants, illegal or otherwise.
- The prizes as published are available on the date of publication. The prize is subject to availability and to any published restrictions. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity. Note that by entering into this competition you agree to have your name released as the winner, should you be drawn as a winner of the prize.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail. The Promoter is The Publisher, History Today Limited, 25 Bedford Avenue, London WC1B 3AT, United Kingdom.
By accessing any content on this site, you are have agreed with the terms and conditions set out below. Please read them carefully. The site is owned and operated by History Today Ltd. For Data Protection issues please read our Security and Data Policy.
The content on this site, and all associated media, may not be reproduced or distributed and is meant for personal consumption. The copyright, database rights and all other intellectual property rights belong to History Today Ltd.
Changes to the Website
History Today Ltd. reserves the right to make any changes to or withdraw this website at any time.
Limitation of Liability
History Today Ltd. excludes all warranties, implied or otherwise, relating to this site or any of the associated subdomains or associated media. History Today Ltd. does not guarantee that the information on these websites is accurate, up-to-date or suitable for any particular purpose. History Today Ltd. shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as the result of the use of www.historytoday.com or any of the associated sites.
If you experience a specific technical problem when using the site, please report it via our Contact Us form giving as much detail as possible.
You can change your password at any time by logging in, and then visiting your profile. Click the 'Edit' tab and then underneath your username, enter your new password.
Confirm it, and then click 'save' at the bottom of the page.
If you can’t remember your password, you can easily request a new one.
On this page, enter your username or email address, then copy the letters you see in the 'Word Verification' image - or play the audio version of these letters - and you will be emailed a special link.
This link leads you back to a login button on the website and, for security reasons, can be clicked only once. Once you have logged in, you can re-edit your password as you wish.
If you still have problems accessing your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 3 levels of access to the site:
- Most of our site is free for anyone to browse. These areas include blogs, On This Day and the Historical Dictionary, many of the book reviews, plus lots of other features.
- By registering, you can access selected articles from recent issues of History Today and History Review, enter our competitions and receive our regular e-newsletter.
- By taking out a subscription to the online archives you can access all 11,000 of the articles published in History Today since 1980, and in History Review since 1995.
There are also various subscription options for universities, schools and libraries to be found in our institutions section.
- Middle East
- North America
- South America
- Central America
- Early Modern
- 20th Century
- 21st Century
- Economic History
- Environmental History
- Historical Memory
- Science & Technology