The April issue of History Today is out now on the app. Download it today and read a free preview.
In this issue:
- What the Holy Roman Empire, which embodied the idea of a unified Europe for more than a millennia, can tell us about the continent’s future
- How Britain lost its American colonies
- Shakespeare’s maps of the Mediterranean
- The Easter Rising, and why Irish nationalist Roger Casement is an uneasy presence in his country’s history
- The ‘Hippomania’ of 19th-century London
- A history of Europe’s penal colonies
- Plus: dazzle-ships, Russia in the Great War, Genghis Khan, Henry VIII, Thomas More's Utopia, historical fiction and more
The April issue is available via the History Today app, for for iOS, Kindle Fire and Android. A one-month rolling subscription to the app costs just £2.99 / $3.99 (or equivalent local currency). Subscribe now and get access to every issue of the magazine on your device.